Living the Dream vs. Living the Life You Deserve
Have you ever found yourself wondering if you’re truly living the life you deserve? Maybe you’re stuck in a dead-end job, struggling to make ends meet, and feeling like you’re just going through the motions of life. Or perhaps you’re living the “dream” – a successful career, a loving family, and all the material possessions you could want – but still feel unfulfilled and unhappy.
So what’s the difference between living the dream and living the life you deserve?
Living the dream often implies that you’ve achieved a certain level of success or happiness based on societal norms and expectations. It’s the idea of having a big house, a fancy car, a high-paying job, and all the trappings of a “perfect” life. But the problem with this notion is that it’s based on external factors – things that can be taken away or change at any moment.
On the other hand, living the life you deserve means focusing on your own personal happiness and fulfillment. It’s about making choices that align with your values and goals, and finding fulfillment in the present moment. It’s not about achieving some arbitrary measure of success or achieving someone else’s idea of the “perfect” life.
So how can you start living the life you deserve? Here are a few tips:
- Identify your values and goals. Take some time to think about what truly matters to you – your values, your passions, your dreams. Write them down and use them as a guide for making decisions about how you want to live your life.
- Take control of your choices. You are the only one who can make choices for yourself, so take responsibility for your actions and decisions. Don’t be afraid to step outside of your comfort zone and try new things. And remember that it’s okay to change your mind – your values and goals may evolve over time, and that’s perfectly normal.
- Focus on the present moment. Too often, we get caught up in worrying about the future or dwelling on the past. But the only thing we have control over is the present moment, so try to focus on what’s happening right now and find joy and fulfillment in the present.
- Take care of yourself. In order to live the life you deserve, you need to take care of yourself physically, mentally, and emotionally. Eat well, exercise, and prioritize self-care. And don’t be afraid to seek help if you’re struggling – whether it’s therapy, support groups, or talking to friends and family.
By focusing on your own happiness and fulfillment, you can start living the life you deserve – a life that is truly worth living. So don’t be afraid to let go of the notion of living the “dream” and start creating the life that makes you truly happy.
We blew past our DREAM years ago.
Since Vision Quest Virtual tours was launched 13 years ago, we have –
- Earned more than $1,750,000 taking pictures of –
- 950+ Hotels
- 2,500+ Vacation rentals
- 3,000+ Residential properties
- 100’s of Businesses
- Traveled more than 600,000 miles
- Worked in 45 states
- Visited 48 states & 5 countries
- Consistently ranked in the top 3 on Google for Hotel Photographer/Hotel Photography